Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Rescue Ranch! We rely on the assistance of volunteers to fill many roles in our organization.
Training is provided for all volunteer positions, so no prior experience is required. Whether giving hands on care and socialization to our animals, assisting with our humane education programs, or helping to make an event successful, YOU can make a difference and help support our mission. Rescue Ranch could not operate without the help of our compassionate and dedicated volunteers!
Volunteering is good for you – it reduces stress and makes you healthier.
Volunteering brings people together – a chance to make new friends.
Volunteering allows you to learn new skills and acquire work experience.
And most importantly, when you volunteer at Rescue Ranch, you are contributing to the development of a more humane community.
Expectations of a Rescue Ranch Volunteer
Punctuality & Commitment - Dedicated volunteers make up the majority of our workforce and we schedule hours according to animal care, educational, and event needs. It is vitally important that volunteers show up for shifts they sign up for.
Honesty & Kindness - While people come to Rescue Ranch for many individual reasons, our volunteers must be able to work well not only with our animals but also with other volunteers, visitors, and staff members.
Adherence to Policies - For everyone’s protection, volunteers are asked to always follow all Rescue Ranch policies and procedures as instructed by our trained staff members.
If you are interested in becoming a Rescue Ranch volunteer, please follow these steps:
1. Be of Age. Volunteer positions have a minimum age requirement of 16 years old. Are you between 12 and 15? If so, please visit our Junior Volunteer page.
2. Submit an online application.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you after your application is received to schedule an orientation date and time.
3. Attend an orientation.
4. Make a commitment. We ask our volunteers to commit to a minimum of 6 hours of service or 1 major event per quarter.
Looking for group opportunities ? If you would like to volunteer as a group, be it a Scout Troop, School Group, Community Group or a Business; please refer to our Group Volunteer & Service Project Opportunities page.
Click HERE to download our Volunteer brochure
Humane Education assistant
Birthday party assistant
Perfect volunteer opportunity for retired teachers, young adults looking to gain experience in classroom settings or anyone who likes working with children and animals. Please note in order to volunteer for an Education Program volunteers must be at least 18 years old and consent to a background check.
Beginner Buddies Instructor & Assistant
School Program Helpers
Scout Program Helpers
Birthday Party Helpers
Community Outreach & Marketing
Rescue Ranch Special Events
Group volunteer opportunities for Fall of 2018
- Fence line maintenance in agriculture center
- September 17 – 21 Hay bale spray painting each day (weather depending) Volunteer shifts run 9:00am – 12:00pm/1:00pm – 4:00pm.
- September 29 & 30 OR October 6 & 8 Hay Art Construction days. Saturday/Sunday volunteer shifts 9:00am – 12:00pm & 1:00pm – 4:00pm. 10 volunteer shifts available.
- October 27 & 28 Fall Fun Days at the Ranch. Saturday volunteer shifts run 9:00am – 1:00pm & 1:00pm - 5:00pm. Sunday volunteer shifts run 11:00am – 2:00pm & 2:00pm - 5:00pm. 38 volunteer shifts available per day.
- November 10 & 11 Break down of hay art. Saturday volunteer shifts run 9:00am – 1:00pm. Sunday volunteer shifts run 9:00am – 12:00pm. 10 volunteer shifts available per day.
- December 1 Photos with Santa,. Volunteer options: assisting photographer, checking in our guest & craft time with the kids. Volunteer shifts run 9:00am – 12:00pm & 1:00pm – 4:00pm. 6 volunteer shifts available.
- December 14 Ryan Newman’s Charity Dinner & Auction. 8:00am set up and decorating at Statesville Civic Center (15 volunteers). 4:00pm silent auction assistants, silent auction runners for guest and more. 10:00pm – until clean up and tear down of dinner. 25 volunteer shifts available.
- Volunteer Orientation on Saturday, September 22 at 9:00am at the Ranch. Please complete an online application before you come.
- Volunteer Orientation on Saturday, October 13 at 9:00am at the Ranch. Please complete an online application before you come.
For more information please email email@example.com or call us at 704-768-0909.